If you have thought about running your own online store, you will have likely come across platforms options such as Shopify or heard of Magento, but if you’re using WordPress as your CMS you would have heard of Woocommerce, but;
What is Woocommerce?
Well in a nutshell, Woocommerce allows you to sell products on your website, but it comes with a ton of features, plus there are loads of different plugins available to enhance Woocommerce even more which we will refer to further down this article. It is a top choice for WordPress users looking to build an eCommerce store and want powerful features to help them sell.
With Woocommerce you can sell pretty much anything, not just physical products, but services, downloads, members-only content and so on. There are also options to let your customers select from the different product variations and subscription options or just sell single items, or create bundles.
Add on the Jetpack extension and your will boost your options even more, with free security, insights and monitoring.
Powerful Payment Options
You can securely accept a range of different debit and credit cards, which helps increase conversion rates by allowing your customers to pay directly with you instead of leaving your website.
You can also manage all of your store’s transactions right from your dashboard giving you full control.
On The Go
Most of us these days are constantly on the go, and fortunately, Woocommerce has an app for just this purpose! With this app, you can track your store, seeing which products are performing the best, see how much revenue you have made, view your order data, and also see a range of visitor data.
You can also get real-time order alerts that alert you of either an order or a review. Keeping you in the know about how successful your online store is becoming.
As feature-rich as Woocommerce is, they also provide a list of both paid and free extensions to improve your online store even more.
Here are some of the best ones we have seen:
- WooCommerce Subscriptions – Capture Residual Revenue with Recurring Payments
- WooCommerce Memberships – A membership solution 100% integrated with your content and products
- Stripe – Accept payments with Stripe
- Facebook for WooCommerce – Connect with the right people and drive sales with Facebook
- Mailchimp for WooCommerce – Integrate your store with Mailchimp
- Product Add-Ons – For a shopping experience as unique as your customers
- PayPal Checkout – Add payment power with PayPal Checkout
- As well as there being all of the above extensions from Woocommerce, there are a number of 3rd party extensions as well that are well worth the install. Here’s our top picks:
- Order Delivery Date for WooCommerce – The plugin allows your customers to choose a delivery date on the checkout page
- YITH WooCommerce Quick View – Add a button in product loop to open a modal window with the product summary using AJAX
- YITH WooCommerce Compare – allow your users to compare some products of your shop
- YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search – creates a simple search box that shows you instant search results, by suggesting you products from your WooCommerce store
- Booster for WooCommerce – WooCommerce plugin that supercharges your site with awesome powerful features
- Custom Product Tabs – allow shop owners to add custom tabs to products
- YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier – Offer to your visitors a chance to inspect in detail the quality of your products